Red Rose Scholarship Applications Due In February
Undergraduates at the University of Houston-Downtown have an opportunity to become a Red Rose Leadership Scholar and receive a $3,000 scholarship ($1,500 for Fall 2022 and $1,500 for Spring 2023). To be selected, students must exhibit exemplary academic achievement, leadership skills and potential for contributing to the future of Houston.
Consideration is offered to students who meet the following criteria:
- Submit a completed application and essay to the Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Have earned 57 credit hours of college-level course work by the end of the Fall 2021 semester (excluding developmental coursework)
- All transcripts from colleges previously attended must be in the UHD student record system when the application is submitted
- 24 UHD college credit hours. (UHD credit hours will be reviewed at the end of the Fall semester 2021)
- Cumulative UHD GPA of 3.50 or higher at the end of Fall 2021
- Maintained a UHD GPA of 3.50 or higher at the end of Summer 2022 to be eligible to receive this award in Fall 2022.
- You must plan to enroll in 12 or more credit hours during the Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 semesters; (excludes developmental coursework)
- Enrolled in a Baccalaureate Degree Program and currently pursuing your first undergraduate degree. (Post-Baccalaureate and Graduate students are not eligible to apply.)
The deadline to apply is extended to Feb. 28, 2022 at 5 p.m.